Why is death always associated with sorrow? Why should it be? Look at Irish Catholics. When one of theirs dies, they leave the coffin open in the reception area, serve up lots of food & drink, & imbibe until they make righteous fools of themselves. They've got something there & we could all learn a thing or two from them. I sure have & so I've been thinking of ways to make my inevitable passing an event of merriment & good cheer. Here are a few ideas:
1. A tape player hooked up to 2 or more small speakers, with the CD player on top of the coffin & the speakers placed all around it, facing toward the mourners. It would be one of those special tape players that use long-play cassettes that go for 2 hours or more. There would be at least 2 cassettes & on each one would be my voice. I'd get to say things to people that I've wanted to say all my life but never got the chance. Once the mourners start walking up to the coffin, the funeral director can hit the play button. At that point the comments would begin...
"Good afternoon, folks. I hope youall didn't have too much difficulty getting here. The highway dept. has never gotten its head out of its ass for as long as I've lived here...Hi, Gary! How's your sister? Is she still in the clinic?...Say, Angela? You really should've headed to California with me. You could have lived a good life with me, what with all the money I made from investments. Instead you stayed in that one-horse town, married that shmoe, & packed on 50 pounds....Martha, no one's ever told you this but your kid is butt ugly. If his nose were any bigger he wouldn't be able to keep his head up...Frank, I knew your father well. He was a terrific friend. If I ever got thrown in jail he would bail me out anytime!..."
2. A spring-loaded coffin. At a predetermined time, the lid would fly open & my body would pop out like a party favor. It would be impossible to control where my corpse would land. At that point, of course, I wouldn't care.
3. A coffin with servomotors in it. At a predetermined time, the lid would slowly open & my corpse would slowly sit up. Then my head would turn & face the mourners. Frightening organ music would be necessary for added drama.
4. An exotic dancer. The coffin would be in the chapel in its usual place when the mourners file in & sit down. At the exact point when the solemn ceremony would begin, loud raucous music would blast from the walls instead. The coffin's lid would be flipped open by the hot, stacked dancer inside the coffin, who would then stand up, shimmy & strip her goods off, right there in the coffin. I would actually have been buried ahead of time.
5. All mourners would be required to attend wearing bunny suits.
6. All mourners would be required to attend wearing black plastic garbage bags, with holes cut out for the head & arms.
7. All mourners would be required to attend wearing their jackets, pants, dresses, & other outer garments inside out & backwards.
8. All mourners would be required to attend wearing only shoes.
9. My coffin would have reproductions of my erotic art plastered all over the sides & top.
10. The pallbearers would be required to duck-walk when carrying me & the coffin to my resting place.
11. The pallbearers would be required to wear nothing but their shoes when carrying me & the coffin to my resting place.
12. The pallbearers would be required to move in rhythm when carrying me & my coffin etc. etc. & the mourners would be required to form a conga line behind the pallbearers. Appropriate music would be provided in the synagogue chapel & at graveside.
damn, you have one twisted mind... but twisted people are always the funniest ones... i actually laughed while reading this, and people actually heard me... a huge accomplishment... the tape player combined with the servomotor idea would make one heck of an interesting funeral...
If I made you laugh, then I now can die happy because I did someone a favor. Seriously, thanks for the comments.
2. you want your body to be launched at the mourners??? assuming you intend to die of old age, you do realise that half of them will have heart attacks...
Wow dude... You're one wacked-out guy. Hahaha. But that's one funeral I'd be happy, in a way, to attend!
very amusing, hehe, i like these ones better than the stuffed idea, lol, i like the idea of plastering your art all over the coffin, nice!
We could also get them to wire up your jaw so your mouth moves along with the words...
That's perfect! How wonderfully demented. Will have to specify that if I choose the tape player idea for my will...
I love the tape playing idea. I can just imagine people being scared out of their wits hearing the dead man speak... hehehehe
damn thats hilarious. for #3 i recommend the finale to Widor's 7th symphony. not frightening as such, but expressive
Thanks. Glad you liked it.
You know, I've often wondered if having a humorous thing at a funeral would help in the grieving process... I recall when I've known people who've died, and I always feel guilty for laughing for the first while. Your way would be like, "I want you to laugh..." It sends a good message, and I had to chuckle over the pallbearers being made to duck-walk! Teeheehee! That's genius!
Thanks. It would really take the cake if they accidentally dropped the coffin while duck-walking. That would be prime footage, right there. definitely America's Funniest Home Videos material.
You are one twisted dude...I like it.